If you are experiencing miscarriage or recurrent pregnancy loss, how can you protect your pregnancy? Many women wonder if there are natural ways to prevent miscarriage using the principles of Chinese Medicine, Alternative Medicine and Ayurvedic
Medicine. Please remember to talk with your doctor before taking anything in pregnancy.
This article is for the information of our site visitors, but should not take the place of
medical diagnosis, treatment and medical advice.
Guest Post By Dr John Anne
Miscarriage is one of the worst things that a couple has
to face. The loss of the anticipated bundle of joy is something that cannot be described in mere words.
But in many cases, miscarriage occurs due to ignorance or carelessness on part of the woman. When a woman becomes pregnant,
she must realize that she is no longer alone; she is carrying another life within her womb. So she must take adequate precautions to protect
and nourish the baby inside her womb.
There are many guidelines in Ayurveda on how a woman must protect
her pregnancy. Precautions begin right from the time when the
fertilization between the sperm and the egg take place. Any
deficiency in either of these gametes during fertilization can
lead to a miscarriage later. Even when the pregnancy occurs,
the woman must take a great deal of precaution during the
first trimester, as this is when the fetus is developing. Women
who have had miscarriages earlier must take extreme precaution
when dealing with a new pregnancy.
(1) Useful Herbs in the Treatment of Miscarriage
1. Asafetida (Ferula fetida)
Asafetida is the common solution to most women's problems.
It must be taken during the pregnancy months to prevent the risk
of a miscarriage.
2. Asparagus (Asparagus racemosus)
The asparagus is known as the women's ashwagandha for no mean reason. It is effective in treating most problems related to the female reproductive system. It is popularly known as shatavari in India. This herb can treat infertility and threatened miscarriages, among other benefits.
(2) Dietary Treatments for Miscarriage
During pregnancy, a woman must be very particular about what
she eats. Precautions must be taken in the first trimester. The following are points must be observed:-
1. All foods that can aggravate the pitta must be avoided. This will lead to an improper digestive fire, leading to constipation. Constipation must be prevented during pregnancy at all costs.
2. Foods that increase the heat of the body must be avoided. Sharks
are the leading foods in this category. Other sea foods like prawns, lobsters, crabs, shellfish, etc. must also be avoided.
3. Papaya is extremely harmful for the growing fetus. It must be avoided at all costs. Pineapple is another food to be avoided.
4. Cooling fruits such as watermelons, oranges, apples, etc. are good. But it must be remembered not to have any one type of food in
excess during a pregnancy.
5. Eating outside must be avoided as far as possible. When going out for a while, the woman must carry her own homemade lunchbox,
or must subsist on 'safe' foods such as biscuits. Even water must be boiled and then consumed.
6. It is not advisable to experiment with tastes when a woman is pregnant, especially in the first three months. It is better to consume foods that the stomach is familiar with.
(3) Ayurvedic Treatments for Miscarriage
Among the many
of the most important is the Triphala choorna. This is a mixture of
three important herbs - amalaki (which balances pitta dosha),
bibhitaki (which balances kapha dosha) and haritaki (which balances
kapha dosha). Hence the Triphala is given to correct all the doshic
imbalances in the body of the woman.
(4) Home Remedies for Miscarriage
1. Take some amount of asafetida and dissolve it in water. This must be consumed once every day during the months of pregnancy.
If a woman has a miscarriage before, then this asafetida water must be certainly given in that particular month. This is considered
to be a very effective precaution against miscarriage.
2. Have a spoonful of fresh juice of vitamin C
mixed with honey every morning.
3. In order to lower the heat in the groin area, a towel
must be dipped in cold water and compressed on the area.
This must be done once a day.
4. Prepare a decoction of black gram in water. This will
the fear of a miscarriage.
There some important tips and pointers to be kept in mind.
a. No antibiotics must be taken during the pregnancy at all.
This includes aspirin. Antibiotics can increase the heat
of the body, which could be very harmful to the developing fetus. If there is some problem like headache,
cold or fever, then natural remedies must be adopted instead of using antibiotics.
b. Tobacco is absolutely dangerous during a pregnancy.
only must the expecting mother avoid smoking, she should also not
go in the vicinity of other people who are smoking. Passive
smoking contains toxins that are more harmful to the fetus than direct smoking.
See also: Chinese Medicine
(TCM)For Fertility c. Stressful exercises must be avoided. Especially
activities that strain the groin area, such as lifting heavy
weights, must be avoided. This could physically damage the fetus.
d. Some women are tempted to take antibiotics in order
to stop the vomiting and the giddiness in the first trimester.
This should not be done at all. If any antibiotics need to be
taken, then they must be done in consultation with the gynecologist.
Even there, the gynecologist may suggest alternative therapies.
Read more on miscarriage treatment by ayurveda at http://www.ayushveda.com
Read more about Ayurveda at World's Largest Portal on Ayurveda and Ayurvedic Remedies: Ayushveda.com - The Free Ayurvedic Encyclopedia
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dr_John_Annehttp://EzineArticles.com/?Alternative-Medicine,-Home-Remedies-for-Miscarriage-Treatment&id=473522
(If you are entering this site on this page, please click on the "Home" button to the left for my story,
my articles, my blogs on fertility over 40, pregnancy over 40, miscarriage/recurrent miscarriage
and how to
order "You Can Get Pregnant Over 40 Naturally" book, DVD and CD.)
Click here for our line of fertility jewelry:
From My Infertility, Pregnancy Over 40 and Miscarriage Blogs:
Quick Reference Infographic
Embed Top 5 Things To Get Pregnant Over 40 on Your Site: Copy and Paste the Code Below