"You Can Get Pregnant Over 40, Naturally" - Sandy Robertson
(If you are entering this site on this page, please click on the "Home" button to the left for my story,
my articles, my blogs on fertility over 40, pregnancy over 40, miscarriage/recurrent miscarriage
and how to order "You Can Get Pregnant Over 40 Naturally" book, DVD and CD.)
How Can You Boost Progesterone Naturally?
The reason it's called “progesterone” is because it is “pro-gestation” or it supports a pregnancy.
Women with low progesterone may experience miscarriage or recurrent miscarriage because their body cannot sustain their uterine lining long enough to nuture their baby. During the menstrual cycle, progesterone typically is highest during ovulation. If the egg that ovulates is not fertilized, progesterone falls and estrogen rises causing the women to get her period.
Things that can cause low progesterone:
1. Stress – stress causes an increase in cortisol and through a chain reaction will decrease in progesterone – this is one reason women are told to reduce their stress levels if they want to conceive
2. An over production of estrogen can cause estrogen dominance which can throw the delicate balance of estrogen and progesterone out of whack
3. Age - Some hormones decrease as women get older
4. Adrenal fatigue – this can occur from stress, poor diet, and lack of sleep, exposure
to toxins, long illnesses and even a low fat diet. The adrenal glands are involved with the
production of hormones, if they aren't functioning at full capacity, this will affect your
Natural Ways To Increase Progesterone
1. Nuts like almonds and seeds like sunflower seed can help your body increase progesterone naturally.
Be sure you buy unroasted nuts and seeds as roasting can spoil the beneficial oils. You should look for them in the refrigerated section of your health food store.
2. Vitamin B6
3. Avacados – These are an excellent source of something called plant sterols. Plant sterols help to create a balance between estrogen and progesterone which will help with estrogen dominance.
4. Natural Progesterone Cream – This can be found at your local health food store. Look for 480mg USP progesterone per oz.
5. Leafy Green Vegetables – These contain magnesium which will help your body manufacture progesterone naturally. See my video on cooking greens here: